28 August 2013

Current Reads

Oh my... Its been a while since I posted a review. You'd think that loosing a job would mean that I'd have more time to read, but I've been so busy lately. No excuse! Read more, do "whatever" less.

Currently, I'm reading four books. All right, that means the books are in various stages of reading and are all sitting on my nightstand. I'm about one hundred pages into Blindness by Jose Saramago. Not a fan of it, to be honest. The author's lack of punctuation is testing my patience. Next, is One the Road by Jack Kerouac. I love his writing, but am having a hard time getting into this one. Maybe I'll sit still long enough to get a few chapters into the story. Then there's the dirty little secret, Inferno by Dan Brown. I read about half of it in one day. Brown isn't really a literary genius, but its my dirty little secret, my little indulgence, like a vegetarian that can't pass up the odd burger now and then. Finally, I'm a chapter into The Scandal in Bohemia by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I love a good mystery and Sherlock Holmes is one of my favourite detectives. Between he and Hercule Poirot, I've been a hard core murder fan most of my life. 

I blame both my book addiction and my detectives on my mother, she's the one that introduced me to both Holmes and Poirot.

I promise I'll have something posted by way of a review soon. Until then... happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment