27 September 2013

Blindness by Jose Saramago

Blindness -1 Star

I hereby declare this the year of the dud! I swear, I have had more disappointing novels this year then any other in recent memory. Blindness has been sitting on my shelf for years and I  was rather looking forward to it, but sadly it did not reach my elevated expectations.

A mysterious illness is effecting various people, they go completely blind for no known reason. Instead of darkness, they see only white. The blindness comes upon every victim suddenly, even between the changing of a traffic light.

I was intrigued by the story, it sounded rather interesting. Yet, I could not get into the book, mostly because the author had a complete lack of punctuation. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the dialog. Eventually, I just gave up because the frustration wasn't worth the "reward".  Oh well, everyone has to deal with a lousy book from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment