16 December 2013

Reading Challenge for 2014

All right, so I know that I haven't been keeping this up very well the last few months. Things came up, life... you know how it is. There just hasn't been enough time to read and that has upset me. More accurately, its annoyed me. I just haven't been able to keep my attention on a book for too terribly long.

This up coming year, I have decided to read at least thirty books. Ambitious, but not too difficult. My GoodReads account says that I have fallen short of my goal for the 2013 year. They do not count re-reads and I do. "Doesn't matter that you've read Girl, Interrupted ten times before, it still only counts the one time". I say its a legitimate read!

Anyway, here is my list of books for 2014. I'm also indicating which (if any) reading challenge they pertain to, as well as which shelf they're from.

The Soloist by Steven Lopez   -- non-fiction

The Postman by David Brin -- fantasy

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell -- fantasy -- 1001 Books To Read Before You Die

Eragon by Christopher Paolini -- teen/fantasy

The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson --mystery

The Third Rail  by Michael Harvey --mystery

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach -- non fiction- Gilmore Girls Challenge

Frozen Heat by Richard Castle --mystery

A Drop of the Hard Stuff by Lawrence Block -- mystery

Haunt Me Still by Jennifer Lee Carrell --mystery

Candide by Voltaire --classics - 1001 and Gilmore Challenges

 Un Lun Dun by China Mieville  -teen/fantasy

ALTERNATES:

The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone --classics

Dog Gone It! by Spencer Quinn --mystery


So here we go, half way through December and the next year's reading list is all ready. Let's enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment